The EDGE Loss of Income Injury Coverage Guaranteed To Issue1 Issue ages 18 - 69, coverage to age 75
$1,000 to $6,0002 per month
Injury only or Injury & Illness3 coverage, 24 hour or Non-Occupational available
Benefits payable to age 70
or for a 5 year benefit period. Benefit Period is reduced to 24 months upon attainment of age 68
Payable from the FIRST DAY
30 day or 120 day waiting period also available
Benefits based on Gross Business Revenue or Employment Income
Partial Disability Benefit
50% benefits for up to 180 days
Waiver of Premium
after 30 days of Total Disability while benefits are payable
Return to Work Assistance Benefit
rehabilitation and financial assistance in returning you to work
Accident Medical Treatment Benefit
providing reimbursement up to $10,000 for medical expenses not covered by government health plans
Business Overhead Expense Coverage4 Issue ages 18 - 69, coverage to age 75
$1,000 to $6,0002 per month (Benefits start after 30 days) Can be purchased as a standalone product
- How long would your business survive if you were temporarily disabled? Don't let your disability due to injury or sickness, disable your business also.
- Business Overhead Expense Coverage is designed to reimburse a business for overhead expenses in the event an Insured Person of the business becomes disabled.
Optional Benefits4 Issue ages 18 - 64, coverage to age 75
Lifestyle Protection Enhancer
$300,000 lump sum tax free benefit paid to the insured after 60 months of Total Disability due to injury, under the Loss of Income Policy
Travel Medical Emergency Coverage5
Provides up to $5,000,000 of coverage for reasonable and customary medical expenses as part of the emergency treatment arising from a medical condition
- Covered Expenses include hospital accommodations, physician charges, diagnostic services, paramedical services, ambulance services, emergency air transportation, transportation to bedside, and more.
- Emergency Assistance Service available 24 hours 7 days a week no matter where you travel.
- Unlimited number of trips and within the first 30 consecutive days of each trip.
1Provided you satisfy 2 qualifying questions 2Benefits over $5,000 only available to classes AA and Exec 3Illness issue ages 18-64, coverage to age 70 4Subject to additional premium 5Certain exclusions apply, please see policy booklet for complete details before you travel
This is a brief overview of the Benefits, providing some key definitions, exclusions and limitations only. A complete policy booklet will be issued once coverage is purchased, and we suggest you review for details on all policy provisions when received.